Our 10-Week Summer Internship program is an extraordinary opportunity to gain hands-on experience and to learn from best-in-class talent at a first-class organization. Experience day to day projects and tasks in departments such as Marketing, Finance, Sales, IT, HR, Ballpark Operations, Baseball Operations, Community Relations and more! You will work during the season on game and non-game days in order to get the full experience. Your time will not only be spent adding significant value to the organization, but you will also get the opportunity to build amazing relationships throughout the organization through a series of Lunch and Learns and Networking events.The program's focus is to provide insight of what the workforce is like, a taste of the professional sports industry and help guide you to a career suited for you!
Summer Intern Program
Recruitment and selection for the Summer Internship Program positions starts in the winter and is highly competitive. Offers will be extended in February/March. The 10-week program runs June-August. Interns must be able to commit to the full program in order to be selected.
Interested applicants should apply online when the internship opportunities are posted.
While the number of intern opportunities offered annually varies depending on the staffing needs of the Club, we encourage college and graduate students to apply if they meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least eighteen years old.
- Must be a currently enrolled student who has just completed their undergraduate Sophomore or Junior years of college by the time of the internship OR are currently enrolled in a Graduate program. Recent Graduates are not eligible for this opportunity.
- Have a passion for sports and the business behind the game.
- Have maintained an exceptional grade point average in college.
- Have a long-term interest in working for a professional sports team.
- Students who attend school in San Diego or who are from San Diego and/or who have bilingual skills are highly preferred.