Phillies Paint the Town Red with Two Weeks of Phandom, March 22-April 6
Celebrate the return of Phillies baseball with pre-season fan events, starting with Phillies Charities 5K on Saturday & five days of #RandomPhandom
With Opening Week at Citizens Bank Park just around the corner, the Phillies are getting ready to "Paint the Town Red!"
From Saturday, March 22 through Sunday, April 6, fans are invited to "Represent the P" and take part in two weeks of Phillies fun in anticipation of the official start of the 2014 baseball season. Highlights include daily fan events and lots of #RandomPhandom fun for those who wear Phillies red or follow @Phillies on Twitter.
PHILLIES PAINT THE TOWN RED - WEEK 1
Saturday, March 22: Phillies Charities 5K - #Phils5K
9:00 a.m., starts/ends on Phillies Drive, Citizens Bank Park
Cheer on 5,000+ runners taking part in the fourth annual sold-out Phillies Charities 5K!
- Be on the lookout for the Phanatic, who will lead off the race and be chased by 5,000 runners. Plus, lots of fun surprises to keep runners motivated along the way!
- Special guests include Phillies Alumnus Tommy Greene and Gary Matthews, Phillies Ballgirls, and Comcast SportsNet's Ben Davis, who will emcee the event.
- Following the race, head over to McFadden's Ballpark for the Official Post-Race Party and celebrate with great food and drink specials, live music and more!
- For a course map and other details, please visit phillies.com/5k. Follow the race using #Phils5K on @Phillies, the Phillies' Twitter account.
Sunday, March 23 - Thursday, March 27 - Random Acts of Phandom - #RandomPhandom
- RandomPhandom is five days of Phillies fun, as fans wearing red and showing their Phillies spirit will randomly be awarded for their acts of phandom!
- A Phillies #RandomPhandom team will be traveling all around the region, from Center City to Chestnut Hill, Pa. to Haddonfield, NJ and New Hope, Pa., and lots more locations.
- Follow @Phillies on Twitter using #RandomPhandom for more info.
Thursday, March 27
Center City to Represent the "P"! Center City is turning red in honor of the Phillies return to Philadelphia that evening. Be on the lookout for a red Boathouse Row, as well as a giant Phillies "P" on the 29-story Cira Centre Building (2929 Arch Street), courtesy of Brandywine Realty Trust. Also turning red will be Three Parkway, 123 South Broad Street, One Liberty Place, and Two Liberty Place. Plus, the PECO building (2301 Market Street) will have a unique "Welcome Home Phillies" message displayed for all to see.
Friday, March 28 & Saturday, March 29
On-Deck Series: Player Surprises & Prizes at Citizens Bank Park! The Phillies On-Deck Series features a spring training-like atmosphere filled with plenty of prizes and surprises! Both games against the Pittsburgh Pirates include unique player and alumni interactions with fans, merchandise specials, entertainment, and more! Tickets are available at phillies.com or by calling 215-463-1000. Game times are:
- Friday, March 28, Phillies vs. Pirates, 7:05 p.m. - On-Deck Game #1 PLUS "Inside Pass to the 2014 Phillies" event, 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., Citizens Bank Park Hosted by the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, this exclusive event features a question-and-answer session with Phillies players and coaches, autograph stations and photo opportunities, and more. For details and ticket info, please visit http://www.greaterphilachamber.com/event/3584/your-inside-pass-to-the-2014-phillies.
- Saturday, March 29, On-Deck Game #2 1:05 p.m., xpedx 2014 Schedule Magnet for all fans
Sunday, March 30
Phillies R U Game? Talent Search Final Audition Round
It's the Final Audition Round of the Phillies R U Game? Talent Search, where 15 finalists, narrowed down from hundreds of talented hopefuls, will sing their rendition of the national anthem in front of a panel of celebrity judges. One lucky winner will receive the grand prize: The chance to sing the national anthem prior to the April 30th Phillies versus Mets game in front of thousands of Phillies fans! Four runners up will also be chosen to sing God Bless America at a 2014 Phillies game.
PHILLIES PAINT THE TOWN RED - WEEK 2