Kid Nation FAQs
What is Kid Nation?
Kid Nation offers our youngest fans the opportunity to experience baseball in a more meaningful way. Kid Nation members who engage with the program are rewarded with exclusive prizes and benefits. There are two different tiers for Kid Nation, a Rookie (free) and All-Star (paid) membership. Each offers different benefits for its members, such as prizes, autographed items, merchandize, discounts, and more.
How do I sign up for Kid Nation?
You can sign up your child by visiting redsox.com/kidnation and clicking on the registration button. This will prompt you for your MLB.com login information or to create a new account. Follow the instructions to your official membership! Please note, guardians of Kid Nation members must be 18+.
What is the difference between the 'Free' and 'All-Star' Kid Nation memberships?
Lanyard, subscription to the Kid Nation newsletter, discounts at the Red Sox Team Store and the ability to earn points that can be redeemed online for exclusive rewards. The paid All-Star package includes everything from the Rookie membership plus more! Paid memberships makes the member eligible for discounts, and access to Kid Nation special events and exclusive marketplace items.
How does the Kid Nation membership card program work?
Our Kid Nation card program is a feature included in all Kid Nation memberships. Points are earned over the course of the season that can be redeemed for raffles and marketplace items online via the Kid Nation membership portal. Prizes will include exclusive items, memorabilia, and experiences. The more points you earn, the better chance you have to get cool prizes. Points are cumulative over the course of the season and non-transferable. Terms, conditions, and rules apply; see our Official Rules for more information.
How do I earn points?
Points can be earned in several ways:
- Watching and listening to games - During NESN broadcasts, the code word of the game will be featured in a graphic on the bottom right hand of the screen as the game is returning from commercial break. The code word will also be announced at some point during the radio broadcast. Log into the Kid Nation Portal to enter code words and collect points. Code words for the television and radio broadcasts will be different.
- Attending/participating in events help by our partners and affiliates, as well as participating in online games and activities.
- Completing Wally's Math Academy worksheets.
- Attending a game at Fenway
- Attending a virtual event
Can I upgrade a free Rookie membership to the All-Star membership during the season?
Absolutely. Members can upgrade to the All-Star tier to unlock all benefits and features of our premium membership by logging into their Kid Nation portal and selecting the "Upgrade To All-Star" button. All points earned prior to upgrading will be carried over so you can immediately start where you left off.
Is there an age limit for Kid Nation?
The program is geared towards pre-K through 8th grade, ages 14 and under. Once your child turns 14, they will be removed from the system. However, they are eligible to sign up for #Student9s, our ticket program for high school and college students. For membership options more tailored for adults, please check out our Red Sox Nation Fan Club, online at redsoxnation.com.
How long will it take for my Kid Nation package to arrive?
Rookie memberships will take 1-2 weeks for lanyard and membership card to be mailed out. For a paid Kid Nation membership online, your kit will take approximately 4-6 weeks to arrive at your listed address. For international packages, please add an additional week for it to clear customs. Tariffs/Taxes may apply when retrieving your package depending on the country you are shipping to. Please send any inquiries regarding the shipment of a Kid Nation package to [email protected] or by phone at (617) 226-6756.
I received an item that is damaged. Can this be exchanged for a new one?
Please contact us via email at [email protected] or by phone at (617) 226-6756 with any concerns regarding incorrect or damaged merchandise.
Do I receive any discounts with my Kid Nation membership?
As a current member of Kid Nation, your official Kid Nation card (or confirmation email) gets you a 10% discount at the Jersey Street Team Store on 19 Jersey Street.
Kids Nation Member must present card prior to the completion of transaction. Discount is taken off each item and rounded down to the nearest whole dollar. Discount is not valid on past purchases. Discount may not be used on customizations, memorabilia, game used or dated/commemorative merchandise purchases. Discount is not valid for already reduced items, out of stock items or online purchases. This discount is not combinable with any other discounts. This discount is not valid towards the purchase of gift cards. Other exclusions may apply.
I recently changed my address. How can I update my mailing information?
You can change your address in your MLB.com account. Please note, if your address is changed after placing an order, we cannot guarantee that it will be shipped to the new address. Please contact the Kid Nation team at [email protected], live chat on redsox.com/kidnation, or call (617) 226-6756 to update a shipping address.
Do my points roll over from year to year?
Rewards are cumulative over the course of a single Red Sox season. The Red Sox reserve the right to substitute rewards at the sole discretion of the club. Rewards are non-transferable, subject to availability, and are subject to verification of the member's identity for redemption.
Points earned during 2022 are only good for Kid Nation Rewards listed for the 2022 season. Points earned expire at the end of each calendar year; each member starts with zero points at the beginning of a new year. Rewards are available while supplies last.
Kid Nation points from the 2021 season will only roll over to the 2022 season if a member upgrades or purchases an All-Star Membership prior to December 31, 2021. Otherwise, all membership points will expire on that date.
- Kids 14 and younger are eligible for Red Sox Kid Nation membership. A parent or guardian over the age of 18 must be present when child(ren) sign up and must be present for their child to redeem rewards.
- Children must be current members to be eligible for Kid Nation Rewards. Kid Nation members are opted into the program through the last day of the year they are 14.
- Rewards are cumulative over the course of a single Red Sox season. Members earn points for every time they follow the games on TV and the radio, answer trivia questions, and more. Please reference the FAQ on all ways Kid Nation members can earn their points.
- The Red Sox reserve the right to substitute rewards at the sole discretion of the club. Rewards are non-transferable, subject to availability, and are subject to verification of the member's identity for redemption. Rewards are available while supplies last.
- All experience benefits will be scheduled for a mutually agreed upon date/time and are subject to availability and additional terms, conditions and restrictions. For details, visit the Kid Nation booth, email us [email protected], Live Chat us at redsox.com/kidnation, or call (617) 226-6756 with questions.
- Kid Nation membership cards are not transferable. Kids or parents/guardians may be asked to present identification when signing up, scanning their card, or redeeming rewards. Each member must present his or her card.
- The Red Sox reserve the right to revoke and/or deactivate membership for any member at the sole discretion of the club.
- Membership is limited to one per child.
- Photos/images associated with the Kid Nation Rewards Program may be used at the discretion of the club.