Kid Nation FAQs
What is Kid Nation?
Kid Nation offers our youngest fans the opportunity to experience baseball in a more meaningful way. Kid Nation members who engage with the program are rewarded with exclusive prizes and benefits in park and online. There is one free tier for Red Sox Kid Nation. Member benefits include rewards, access to special events, special ticket offers and discounts.
How do I sign up my children for Kid Nation?
You can sign up your child by visiting redsox.com/kidnation and clicking on the registration button. This will prompt you for your MLB.com login information or to create a new account. Follow the instructions to sign your child up for an official membership! Please note, parents and legal guardians of Kid Nation members must be over the age of 18.
How does the Kid Nation membership program work?
Digital badges are earned over the course of the season that can be redeemed for raffles and marketplace items online via the Kid Nation membership portal. Rewards will include exclusive items, memorabilia, and experiences. The more digital badges you earn, the better chance you have to get cool rewards. Digital badges are cumulative over the course of the season and non-transferable. Terms and conditions apply; see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
How do Kids earn digital badges?
Digital badges can be earned in several ways:
- Watching and listening to games - During NESN broadcasts, the code word of the game will be featured in a graphic on the bottom right hand of the screen as the game is returning from commercial break. The code word will also be announced at some point during the radio broadcast. Log into the Kid Nation Portal to enter code words and earn a digital badge. Code words for the television and radio broadcasts will be different.
- Attending/participating in events held by our partners and affiliates, as well as participating in online games and activities.
- Completing Wally's Math Academy worksheets.
- Attending a game at Fenway Park.
- Attending an event.
- Keep an eye on your membership portal to see more ways to earn digital badges.
Is there an age limit for Kid Nation?
Kid Nation members are opted into the program through the last day of the calendar year they are 14. At the end of the calendar year, they will be removed from the system. However, they are eligible to sign up for Student9s, our ticket program for high school and college students. For membership options more tailored for adults, please check out our Red Sox Nation Fan Club, online at redsoxnation.com.
How long will it take for my Kid Nation package to arrive?
Memberships will take 1-2 weeks for lanyard and membership card to be mailed out. For any Kid Nation rewards it will take approximately 2-3 weeks to be mailed out. For international packages, please add an additional week for it to clear customs. Tariffs/Taxes may apply when retrieving your package depending on the country you are shipping to. Please send any inquiries regarding the shipment of a Kid Nation package to [email protected] or by phone at (617) 226-6756.
I received an item that is damaged. Can this be exchanged for a new one?
Please contact us via email at [email protected] or by phone at (617) 226-6756 with any concerns regarding incorrect or damaged merchandise.
Do I receive any discounts with my Kid Nation membership?
As a current member of Kid Nation, your official Kid Nation card (or confirmation email) gets you a 10% discount at the Jersey Street Team Store on 19 Jersey Street.
Kid Nation Member must present card prior to the completion of transaction. Discount is taken off each item and rounded down to the nearest whole dollar. Discount is not valid on past purchases. Discount may not be used on customizations, memorabilia, game used or dated/commemorative merchandise purchases. Discount is not valid for already reduced items, out of stock items or online purchases. This discount is not combinable with any other discounts. This discount is not valid towards the purchase of gift cards. Other exclusions may apply.
I recently changed my address. How can I update my mailing information?
You can change your address in your MLB.com account or in the membership portal. Please note, if your address is changed after placing an order, we cannot guarantee that it will be shipped to the new address. Please contact the Kid Nation team at [email protected], live chat on redsox.com/kidnation, or call (617) 226-6756 to update a shipping address.
Do my digital badges roll over from year to year?
Digital badges are cumulative over the course of a single Red Sox season. The Red Sox reserve the right to substitute rewards at the sole discretion of the Club. Digital badges and Rewards, as applicable, are non-transferable, subject to availability, and are subject to verification of the member's identity for redemption.
Digital badges earned during 2023 are only good for Kid Nation Rewards listed for the 2023 season. Digital badges earned expire at the end of each calendar year; each member starts with no digital badges at the beginning of a new year. Rewards are available while supplies last.
- Kids 14 and younger are eligible for Red Sox Kid Nation membership. A parent or legal guardian of the child must (a) be over the age of 18, (b) sign up the child for a membership and (c) be present for their child to redeem points and/or rewards.
- Children must be current members to be eligible for Kid Nation Rewards. Kid Nation members are opted into the program through the last day of the calendar year they are 14.
- Digital badges are cumulative over the course of a single Red Sox season. Members can earn digital badges by submitting the code word of the game every time they listen or watch games on NESN and WEEI, answer trivia questions, and more. Please reference the FAQ on all ways Kid Nation members can earn points.
- The Red Sox reserve the right to substitute rewards at the sole discretion of the Club. Badges and rewards, as applicable, are non-transferable, subject to availability, and are subject to verification of the member's identity for redemption. Rewards are available while supplies last.
- All experience benefits will be scheduled for a mutually agreed upon date/time and are subject to availability and additional terms, conditions and restrictions. For details, visit the Kid Nation booth located in the Gate B concourse, email us [email protected], Live Chat us at redsox.com/kidnation, or call (617) 226-6756 with questions.
- Kid Nation membership cards are not transferable. Kids or parents/legal guardians must present the kid's membership card to fan clubs representatives at any Kid Nation events and may be asked to present identification when signing up, scanning their card, and/or rewards.
- The Red Sox reserve the right to revoke and/or deactivate membership for any member at the sole discretion of the Club.
- Membership is limited to one per child.
- Photos/images associated with the Kid Nation Rewards Program may be used at the discretion of the Club.