Group Package Policies
- All deposits are non-refundable / non-transferable.
- All Sales are final, there are no exchanges (in case of a canceled game, please refer to the Group Ticket rainout policy. Please note: If Comerica Park Gates open, food will be served for the picnic areas and party suites rain or shine.)
- Groups tickets require up to a 50% non-refundable deposit depending on which game you choose.
- Full payment is required at least 30 days in advance of your group outing.
- No dates will be reserved for party suites or picnic areas without a deposit.
- Group tickets cannot be paid for at the ticket windows on Witherell St. - payment for group tickets must be made through the Group Sales Department, please call (313) 471-2255.
- Additional group tickets may be added to your original reservation at a later date, subject to availability. As all Detroit Tigers individual game tickets are dynamically priced, tickets reserved at a later date may be priced differently than those in your prior ticket reservation. Group discounts are not available on game days.
- Due to security guidelines, no hard sided coolers or large bags will be allowed into Comerica Park. Large bags measuring under 16in, x 16in, x 8in, are allowed into the ballpark.
- Lost or stolen group tickets may be reprinted at a cost of $5.00 per ticket. To do so, the group leader must phone their account executive directly, or call (313) 471-2255, no later than 2 hours prior to the scheduled game to arrange for the reprint. Tickets will be left at Will Call. No reprinted tickets will be mailed. All stolen ticket reprint requests will require a copy of a police report before being processed.
- If Comerica Park Gates open, food will be served for the picnic areas and party suites rain or shine.
Group Ticket Rainout Policy
In the event that 5 innings of one game are not played, except if the Tigers are in the lead at the end of 4½, one of the following policies will apply:
- When the canceled game is rescheduled on an open date or as part of a split day/night doubleheader with a specific start time for the rescheduled game, this original ticket will be valid for entry to the rescheduled game ONLY. (Exception: When the canceled game is rescheduled during the same homestand on an open date or as part of a split day/night doubleheader, this original ticket may be used for admission to the rescheduled game or may be exchanged for any future similar or lesser priced regular season game in the next 12 months from the original game date.)
- When the canceled game is rescheduled onto an existing game, thereby creating a traditional doubleheader where only one of the two games has a specific start time, the ticket for the originally scheduled game is valid for both games. This canceled game ticket is then invalid and subject to applicable exchange policy.
- If the canceled game is not rescheduled, this ticket may be exchanged for any future game during the next 12 months at the value stated. Ticket exchanges are subject to availability and all service charges or differences in value are non-refundable. Tickets may be redeemed at the Tigers Box Office or by mailing them to: Tigers Box Office, 2100 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Complimentary tickets may not be exchanged under any circumstances and are invalid for use at the rescheduled game.
Specific information regarding each canceled game is available by calling (313) 471-BALL (2255) or by visiting our website at tigers.com.
Group Cancellation Guarantee
Worried about your group event at Comerica Park being rained out or rescheduled to another date that you can't attend? The Group Cancellation Guarantee gives you options in the case that your game is cancelled due to weather or the game time is changed. Groups can purchase the Group Cancellation Guarantee for 10% of the tickets' cost. The Group Cancellation Guarantee only covers your tickets; it does not apply to any food or beverage purchases. If you have additional questions regarding the Group Cancellation Guarantee please contact your representative or call (313) 471-2255.
(An official game is considered the completion of 5 innings or if the Tigers are in the lead after 4-1/2 innings.)
If your game is canceled due to weather, the group leader has 3 options:
- Everyone comes to the newly rescheduled game, or;
- Cancel all of the group tickets and apply the money to a future game (subject to availability)
- Cancel all of the group tickets and receive a full refund for the amount of the tickets. (Picnic/Party Suite food not included)
If your game time is changed, the group leader has 2 options:
- Everyone comes to the game at the new time, or;
- Cancel all of the group tickets and apply the money to a future game (subject to availability)
**Please note, the refund option is not available if the game time is changed.**
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is the cost of this group cancellation guarantee?
A: The cost of this program is 10% of your ticket price (i.e. to purchase the Group Cancellation Guarantee on a $10 ticket would be $1).
Q: What are my options if I choose to purchase the cancellation guarantee and the game is cancelled? (An official game is considered the completion of 5 innings or if the Tigers are in the lead after 4½ innings.)
A: The group leader has 3 options:
1) Everyone comes to the newly rescheduled game, or;
2) Cancel all of the group tickets and apply the money on the account to a future game, or;
3) Cancel all of the group tickets and receive a full refund for the amount of your tickets. (Picnic/Party Suite food not included.)
Q: I purchased the Group Cancellation Guarantee and my game was canceled. How do I let you know that I want to cancel the group ticket order?
A: The Tigers will contact you within 24 hours of a cancellation to discuss your options. (PLEASE NOTE: In order to purchase the Group Cancellation Guarantee, the group leader must have a valid email address). The Tigers will need the group leader to indicate that he/she wishes to cancel the order and either keep the money on account for a future regular season game (other than the designated make-up game) or receive a full refund.
Q: If I choose to cancel my group order, what do I do with the original tickets?
A: All the tickets in your account for that game will be cancelled and the bar codes will be invalidated. We ask that you inform all members of your group that these tickets will not be accepted at the box office for the newly rescheduled game. Although, you do not need to mail the tickets to the box office, we ask as a courtesy that you send as many tickets back from the original game as possible. This will help minimize the risk of anyone showing up to the rescheduled game with a cancelled ticket.
Q: Can I cancel part of my group order and allow part of my group to go to the newly rescheduled game?
A: Unfortunately not. We are not able to cancel portions of a group ticket order. If you have members in your group that wish to go to the rescheduled game, have them contact your Account Executive or call (313) 471-BALL. The group sales department will assist your guest(s) in getting tickets to the rescheduled game.
Q: How long will it take to get my refund?
A: Credit cards are usually refunded within 2-3 business days. Refund checks are mailed to the name and address on the account within 3-4 weeks.
Q: How much time do I have to decide whether or not I want to cancel the group ticket order?
A: If the newly rescheduled game is within 2 weeks from the original game, the group leader has 48 hours to decide a course of action. If the newly rescheduled game is more than 2 weeks after the originally scheduled game, the group leader has 7 days to decide.
Q: My name is not on the account, but I am in charge of putting the event together. Since someone else purchased the Group Cancellation Guarantee can I cancel the order?
A: Only the name(s) of the person(s) on the account is authorized to cancel the purchase of the tickets.
Q: Does the Group Cancellation Guarantee cover the cost of my picnic food?
A: The Group Cancellation Guarantee is only valid for the game ticket. Picnic food is not covered under the Group Cancellation Guarantee. (Please note: If the gates open, food will be served for the picnic areas and party suites rain or shine.)
Q: Does the Group Cancellation Guarantee cover the cost of my party suite food?
A: The Group Cancellation Guarantee is only valid for the party suite ticket. Party Suite food is not covered under the Group Cancellation Guarantee. (Please note: If the gates open, food will be served for the picnic areas and party suites rain or shine.)
Q: Do I have to buy this Group Cancellation guarantee at the time of ordering?
A: The Group Cancellation Guarantee must be purchased no later than 10 days before the scheduled game date.
Q: How much is Bus Parking?
A: Buses are allowed to park on the I-75 Service Drive (free of charge). Bus parking is on a first come, first served basis, so please arrive early. Please Note: Bus drivers are not provided with a complimentary ticket.
Q: Can I leave tickets for my group at Will Call?
A: It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to distribute the tickets to his/her group. We highly recommend that you distribute your tickets to your guests as soon as you receive them. Should you have concerns regarding the distribution of your group tickets, please contact your Detroit Tigers Sales representative.
Q: Are my group tickets exchangeable?
A: All sales are final. There are no exchanges allowed, (in case of a canceled game please refer to the Group Ticket Rainout Policy).
Q: Can I return group tickets if I purchased too many?
A: Once group tickets are paid for in full there are no refunds or exchanges. All sales are final.
Q: When do I have to inform you of my final group ticket number?
A: Your final count and payment is due 30 days before your scheduled game. Please Note: You may add additional tickets after the initial group purchase is made. (These tickets are not guaranteed to be with the original group.) Unfortunately, we can't permit a group discount on the day of the game.
Q: What happens if the game is canceled or rained out?
A: Keep your tickets - do not dispose of them. If five innings of one game are not played, (except if the Tigers are in the lead at the end of 4½), please refer to the policies outlined in the Rainout Policy tab.
Q: How do I know when a game is going to be canceled due to rain?
A: Please tune into AM 1270 or 97.1 FM for updates on rain delays.
Q: What time is the food served for my picnic?
A: Not all picnics are served at the same time. Please read the following to determine the time at which your food will be served.
- Party Plaza A, B & C, Party Deck #1 #2, #3 and the Witherell Lounge buffet
- Food is served 1½ hours before the scheduled start of the game
- Upper lounge pizza party
- Pizzas are delivered 1 hour before the scheduled game time
- VIP table
- First Seating (Pre-Game): Reservations/Buffet begins two (2) hours before regularly scheduled game time and ends 15 minutes before the regularly scheduled game time.
- Second Seating (Game Time): Reservations/Buffet begins at regularly scheduled game time and ends 90 minutes after the regularly scheduled game time.
- Chevrolet Pavilion
- Food service starts when gates open and runs until the 7th inning or 2 hours after the regularly scheduled start time.
- The Rooftop Deck
- Food service starts 30 minutes before the regularly scheduled game time, and runs for 90 minutes. Food is served rain or shine.
If you have any further questions about your picnic food service please call (313) 471-2661 and a representative from SportService will answer your questions.
Q: Who do I call for food orders in my party suite?
A: SportService handles all suite food orders. Please call (313) 471-2638.
Q: When does our group name appear on the scoreboard?
A: Groups are recognized inside Comerica Park after the last out of the 6th inning. (Minimum 50 person group. The Tigers reserve the right to approve and edit any group name if necessary).
Q: What is the Group Cancellation Guarantee?
A: The Group Cancellation Guarantee is a policy you can purchase in addition to the regular price of your game tickets which will allow you to exchange or receive a refund for your group tickets if a game is canceled due to weather. Please talk to a sales representative for details.
Q: My ticket(s) are lost or stolen, can I get them reprinted?
A: Lost or stolen group tickets may be reprinted at a cost of $5.00 per ticket. To do so, the group leader must phone their account executive directly, or call (313) 471-2255, no later than two hours prior to the scheduled game to arrange for reprint. Tickets will be left at will call, no reprinted tickets may be shipped. All stolen ticket reprint requests will require a copy of a police report before being processed. Please note: Exact seat locations are needed to file a reprint request.
If the gates open, food will be served for the Picnic areas and party suites - rain or shine
If a game is canceled before the gates open no food charges will apply and our regular rain check policies will be in effect
Fundraising tickets are non-refundable. If a game is canceled our regular rain check policies will be in effect. Please call (313) 471-2361 for more information.
If you have any questions about your picnic or party suite please call group sales at (313) 471-2255
All deposits are non-refundable and non-exchangeable
Due to security guidelines, no hard sided coolers or large bags will be allowed into Comerica Park. Large bags measuring under 16" x 16" x 8" are allowed into the ballpark