The safety of our guests and the preservation of our fan and family friendly environment is our highest priority. The following policies, established by Major League Baseball and the Atlanta Braves, are designed to maintain that atmosphere. These measures are for the safety and security of our fans and while some may be an inconvenience, we feel, due to the nature of current domestic and world events, that they are necessary and appropriate.
The following items are prohibited from being brought into SunTrust Park: alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs; aluminum cans, glass bottles, bota bags or wineskins; bags, purses or backpacks exceeding 16"x16"x8"; ice chests or hard sided coolers; camera lenses exceeding 5 inches; camera tri, dual or single leg pods by non-media personnel; folding chairs, tables, stools or devices used as such; sticks, clubs (including signs attached to sticks) or full size brooms; fireworks, firearms or other weapons (including knives, mace, pepper spray, tasers/stun guns and toy replicas of weapons); bullhorns, noise makers or confetti; laser devices or pointers; skateboards, hoverboards and rollerblades; Unmanned Aerial Vehicles; framed or oversized backpacks; and balloons, beachballs and other inflatable items; wrapped packages wherein the contents are not visible.*
Outside food is allowed inside of SunTrust Park as long as it fits inside a clear, gallon sized plastic bag. Guests may also bring a sealed plastic bottle of water. One bag of food and one bottle of water per ticket will be permitted. Additional considerations will be made for those with dietary concerns and infants. All bags of food will be subject to additional inspection at our security gates before entry.
*Please note that if you have a planned party of any kind that includes gifts, we advise either wrapping the gift item at SunTrust Park after the item has been inspected or place the unboxed gift item in a gift bag. Our security personnel will ask guests to open any wrapped items for inspection.
If any of the above items are discovered at our gates, our security staff members will ask that you return these items to your vehicle or be thrown away. Prohibited items will not be accepted by employees nor stored at the gates or Guest Services.
- Uniformed law enforcement will be present at all games including the deployment of security officers on bicycle patrol in the parking lots.
- Facility inspection prior to the opening of gates to the public.
- Identification and inspection of all ballpark deliveries.
- Prohibition of coolers, as well as bags, backpacks or other articles that exceed 16" x 16" x 8". Articles or bags fans intend to bring into SunTrust Park must fit within a template of these dimensions and should be able to fit under your seat.
- Unauthorized vehicle parking prohibited within 100 feet of any ballpark exterior; lots to be inspected daily and unattended vehicles removed.
- Regular security awareness training and assessment.
- Continued coordination and communication with all local, state and federal law enforcement and public safety agencies.
As a condition to entry, all fans entering SunTrust Park consent to being screened via metal detection. These metal detectors (walk through and/or handheld) will be used at all SunTrust Park gates. Bags can be no larger than 16" x 16" x 8" and should be able to fit under your seat. All bags shall be subject to inspection upon entry in accordance with Major League Baseball security regulations. These enhanced security measures are the result of MLB's continuing work with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to increase and standardize security practices across the league. Prohibited items such as weapons of any sort, cans, glass containers, or alcohol are not allowed into the ballpark at any time. To expedite stadium entry, placing your cell phone, camera, sunglass cases, and other permitted metal items inside your bag is acceptable. Please also see Prohibited Items.
- Stay Alert! Fans assume all risk and danger incidental to the game of baseball, whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to, the actual playing of the game, including specifically (but not exclusively), the danger of being injured by thrown or batted balls, thrown or broken bats, persons or other items and projectiles. For the safety of every guest, all guests must stay alert and be aware of their surroundings.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all, guests are reminded to not interfere with a ball in play or trespass onto the playing field. Interference and trespassing are prohibited by Atlanta Braves policy and Cobb County Ordinance. Persons who violate this ordinance are subject to ejection and/or arrest and prosecution.
- SunTrust Park is primarily a smoke-free facility. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is only permitted outside the Third Base Gate. Smoking is prohibited in the seating bowl, concourses, restrooms and in all premium seating areas.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into SunTrust Park. No cans, glass bottles or hard sided coolers may be brought into the ballpark. Smaller bags and other articles will be inspected prior to entry. Small bags, backpacks or other articles must fit within a space of 16x16x8 inches. Articles or bags fans intend to bring into SunTrust Park must fit within a template of these dimensions.
- Fan conduct is important to the comfort of our other guests. Profanity, abusive language, inappropriate dress or conduct deemed disorderly, unruly or disruptive by Atlanta Braves management is grounds for ejection. Solicitation of contributions and distribution of literature on SunTrust Park property is prohibited. Intoxicated or disorderly fans will not be admitted into SunTrust Park. Disorderly fans inside SunTrust Park will be subject to ejection and possible arrest. Those observing other guests violating Braves policies should report the incident to the nearest employee. Guests may also confidentially text BRAVES ISSUE AND LOCATION TO 69050 (standard rates will apply). Braves personnel will respond to security matters or guest service questions.
- Banners may not obstruct the view of guests. Banners must be baseball related and may not contain objectionable subject matter or be commercial in nature. Banners may only be hung in areas where they do not obscure advertising or impede the operation of SunTrust Park. The Braves reserve the right to remove any banner at any time. (1) Banners and signs must (a) utilize only cloth, paper or other light, flexible materials, rather than be comprised of or supported by wood, metal or other hard materials that could be dangerous in a crowded public setting, (b) not be affixed to or draped over any part of the ballpark structure. (2) Banners and signs may be displayed only (a) in areas where they do not obscure advertising, ballpark signage or impede the operation of SunTrust Park, (b) in a stationary manner, (c) so as not to unduly obstruct any person's view of the playing field or interfere with player or umpire sight lines. Only one sign or banner may be displayed at any one location. (3) Banners and signs may not bear a message that (a) is slanderous, (b) is obscene, vulgar or indecent and inappropriate for viewing by children, (c) contains "fighting words" likely to provoke a breach of the peace or (d) contains commercial advertising or commercial product or service identification. The Atlanta Braves reserve the right to remove any sign displayed on the property.
- Umbrellas and small brooms are allowed inside the ballpark. However, if these items interfere with another guest's enjoyment of the game, you will be asked to store them under your seat.
- Beach balls and Frisbees and other similar objects are not to be thrown in the ballpark and will be confiscated.
- Noise makers, air horns, laser pointers and any other irritating or distracting items are prohibited.
- Small portable radios and televisions are allowed in the ballpark as long as they do not interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the game. All hand-held cameras with a lens not exceeding 5" in length are permitted in the ballpark provided they are for personal use only and do not result in obstruction of other fans' view. Mono-, bi- and tripods are prohibited. The taping of game footage and the transmission of any description or reproduction of game activity and other MLB copyrighted property is prohibited.
- To assure the safety of all guests and compliance with relevant laws and regulations, all individuals, bags, purses and similar receptacles shall be subject to inspection prior to entry into SunTrust Park. Persons not complying with this request shall be denied entry.
NOTE: THESE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. THE ATLANTA BRAVES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE WHAT ITEMS ARE DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE FOR ENTRY.