The Arizona Diamondbacks launched a new baseball program for girls built around the learning of baseball with female empowerment, supported by Insight. This will feature instruction and unique opportunities for girls' baseball players. As a part of the program, participants will receive a baseball hat, glove, a t-shirt, a participation award or certificate, invitation to celebration and opportunity to win prizes.
The D-backs support women and girls as well as the challenges and issues that are unique to women. We’ll continue to provide resources and implement programs to inspire and empower women and promote equality.
D-backs Empowering Women and Girls in the Community
Community Partners Fighting For Change
- A New Leaf
- American Heart Association – Go Red For Women
- Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Chicanos Por La Causa Des Colores
- Dignity Health St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, The University of Arizona Cancer Center
- Florence Crittenton
- Fresh Start Women’s Foundation
- Greater Phoenix Chamber's ATHENA Awards program
- Maggie's Place
- The Singleton's
- Sojourner Center
The D-backs Women group was created to provide a safe and open place where D-backs Women can feel comfortable talking about challenges and issues they face. These issues range in topics but include things that are unique to women and maybe even to the D-backs. D-backs Women provides support, resources and inspiration to empower each other to address those challenges and issues.