The Phillies front office and NovaCare Rehabilitation trainers recently hosted a Major League workout for elementary students with autism and an adult aphasia group. This unique Phillies Phitness "WorkOUTshop" was held in partnership with AccessSports Experiences, which provides sporting experiences to those with special needs.
Phillies Phitness presented by NovaCare Rehabilitation is now in season
Phillies Phitness educates children about steps they can take now to ensure a healthy future. Participants learn the importance of being active through both exercises and activities that they do every day, as well as the importance of smart food choices.
The Phillies don't just show up to play a game, they have to practice and part of this includes working out to keep their bodies in shape.
Being fit is more than just exercising, it is making sure that you are selecting the right foods to fuel your body.
Check out some fun games that you can play that will get your heart pumping!
Phils host workout for special needs group
Getting Phit with the Phillies
Phillies Phitness presented by NovaCare Rehabilitation is taking place all over the Tri-State Area and if you are a Physical Education leader, you can take advantage of this exciting free program! The goal of the program is to help put children in grades K-12 on the path to a healthy future through exercise and smart food choices. When you enroll you receive:
- A Phitness Tips Booklet - Learn about the importance of warming up and cooling down before and after exercising.
- This booklet has great workout tips to make working out PHUN!
- There are also healthy tips to maintaining a healthy and delicious diet.
- See what it's like to live a 'Healthy Day in the Life of a Phillie'!
- "Phitness Session" for your Site - Leaders will have the opportunity to write into the Phillies explaining why they want a Phitness Session with a NovaCare Trainer. Selected sites will receive an interactive Phitness Session.
- Nomination Form - Teachers will have the opportunity to nominate a student to be honored at a game during Phillies Phitness Day presented by NovaCare Rehabiliation. Date TBD.
For more information on how to register, email email@example.com.
Phillies Phitness Sessions
The Phillies Phitness team is on the road bringing Phitness Sessions to sites participating in the program. Participating schools/camps can share with us why they want the Phillies Phitness team that includes NovaCare Rehabilitation Trainers to visit and get their blood pumping!
The Phitness Session includes:
- Warm-up exercises.
- Interactive games that range from jump rope races to floor ladder exercises - all exercises have participants working out in ways that are fun!
- Cool down exercises.