The Oakland Athletics Community Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during Athletics home games during the 2020 season.
The 50/50 Raffle will be held every home game. Raffle tickets will be sold from the time gates open (2 hours before first pitch) until the end of the 6th inning. 50/50 Raffle Team Members will start at $14.14/hour and must be available 30 minutes before gates open and until after the Raffle closes. Proceeds from the raffle benefit the Oakland A's Community Fund.
- Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle and A's Community Fund
- Encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device
- Patrol assigned area during the games to promote raffle sales
- Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
- Answer questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle and the Athletics Community Fund
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent cash handling and customer service skills
- Comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
- Understand the timing, etiquette, and pace of baseball
- Comfortable using technology
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb up/down stadium seating, and stand for long periods of time
- Must be 18 years of age or older by first day of employment
- Available to work part time April through October, with the possibility of postseason games
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours; nights, weekends, and holidays according to the Athletics home schedule
- Must be available for a minimum of 75% of the games selected
If interested in the position, please apply here.