The Oakland Athletics Community Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during 40 predetermined Athletics home games during the 2019 season.
New this season, the 50/50 Raffle will be held every home game. Raffle tickets will be sold from the time gates open (2 hours before first pitch) until the end of the 6th inning. 50/50 Raffle Team Members will start at $13.80/hour and must be available 30 minutes before gates open and until after the Raffle closes. Proceeds from the raffle benefit the Oakland A's Community Fund.
If interested in the position, please apply here.
- Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle and A's Community Fund
- Encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device
- Patrol assigned area during the games to promote raffle sales
- Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
- Answer questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle and the Athletics Community Fund
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent cash handling and customer service skills
- Comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
- Understand the timing, etiquette and pace of baseball
- Comfortable using technology
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
- Must be able to walk long distances, and climb up/down stadium seating and stand for long periods of time
- Must be 18 years of age or older by first day of employment
- Available to work part time April through October, with the possibility of post season games
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours; nights, weekends and holidays according to the Athletics home schedule
- Must be available for a minimum of 75% of the games selected
- If interested in the position, please apply here