Opened: April 12, 1909
First night game: May 16, 1939
Capacity: 20,000 (1909); 33,000 (1925)
Shibe Park was the first concrete-and-steel stadium in the Major League and was named for Ben Shibe, an Athletics stockholder and baseball manufacturer. Until 1935, before the high right-field fence was extended to 50 feet, residents on 20th Street could see games free over the 12-foot right-field fence. It was renamed Connie Mack Stadium in 1953, after the Hall of Fame manager. The last game at Shibe Park was played on October 1, 1970 and it was torn down in June 1976.