All-Star Game MVP

Midseason hardware goes to the Midsummer Classic's top player in an award renamed for Hall of Famer Ted Williams in 2002. The award debuted in 1962, when it was given after each of the two All-Star Games that summer, and it's been given to one player since. Today, an online fan ballot counts for 20 percent of the vote, with the other 80 percent coming on-site from the Baseball Writers' Association of America and the announcers from the All-Star Game's broadcast rights holders.

Year Player Team Position
2023 Elias Díaz Colorado (NL) C
2022 Giancarlo Stanton New York (AL) OF
2021 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Toronto (AL) 1B
2019 Shane Bieber Cleveland (AL) P
2018 Alex Bregman Houston (AL) 3B
2017 Robinson Cano Seattle (AL) 2B
2016 Eric Hosmer Kansas City (AL) 1B
2015 Mike Trout LA Angels (AL) CF
2014 Mike Trout LA Angels (AL) OF
2013 Mariano Rivera NY Yankees (AL) P
2012 Melky Cabrera San Francisco (NL) OF
2011 Prince Fielder Milwaukee (NL) 1B
2010 Brian McCann Atlanta (NL) C
2009 Carl Crawford Tampa Bay (AL) OF
2008 J.D. Drew Boston (AL) OF
2007 Ichiro Suzuki Seattle (AL) OF
2006 Michael Young Texas (AL) SS
2005 Miguel Tejada Baltimore (AL) SS
2004 Alfonso Soriano Texas (AL) 2B
2003 Garret Anderson Anaheim (AL) OF
2001 Cal Ripken Jr. Baltimore (AL) 3B
2000 Derek Jeter NY Yankees (AL) SS
1999 Pedro Martinez Boston (AL) P
1998 Roberto Alomar Baltimore (AL) 2B
1997 Sandy Alomar Jr. Cleveland (AL) C
1996 Mike Piazza Los Angeles (NL) C
1995 Jeff Conine Florida (NL) OF
1994 Fred McGriff Atlanta (NL) 1B
1993 Kirby Puckett Minnesota (AL) OF
1992 Ken Griffey Jr. Seattle (AL) OF
1991 Cal Ripken Jr. Baltimore (AL) SS
1990 Julio Franco Texas (AL) 2B
1989 Bo Jackson Kansas City (AL) OF
1988 Terry Steinbach Oakland (AL) C
1987 Tim Raines Montreal (NL) OF
1986 Roger Clemens Boston (AL) P
1985 LaMarr Hoyt San Diego (NL) P
1984 Gary Carter Montreal (NL) C
1983 Fred Lynn California (AL) 3B
1982 Dave Concepcion Cincinnati (NL) SS
1981 Gary Carter Montreal (NL) C
1980 Ken Griffey Cincinnati (NL) OF
1979 Dave Parker Pittsburgh (NL) OF
1978 Steve Garvey Los Angeles (NL) 1B
1977 Don Sutton Los Angeles (NL) P
1976 George Foster Cincinnati (NL) OF
1975 Jon Matlack NY Mets (NL) P
1975 Bill Madlock Chi Cubs (NL) 3B
1974 Steve Garvey Los Angeles (NL) 1B
1973 Bobby Bonds San Francisco (NL) OF
1972 Joe Morgan Cincinnati (NL) 2B
1971 Frank Robinson Baltimore (AL) OF
1970 Carl Yastrzemski Boston (AL) OF
1969 Willie McCovey San Francisco (NL) 1B
1968 Willie Mays San Francisco (NL) OF
1967 Tony Perez Cincinnati (NL) 3B
1966 Brooks Robinson Baltimore (AL) 3B
1965 Juan Marichal San Francisco (NL) P
1964 Johnny Callison Philadelphia (NL) OF
1963 Willie Mays San Francisco (NL) OF
1962 Leon Wagner LA Angels (AL) OF
1962 Maury Wills LA Dodgers (NL) SS