Manage Your Tickets
Mobile Ticket Entry
Similar to other venues, T-Mobile Park is moving to a 100% mobile ticket delivery this season. Mobile tickets are the safest method of ticket distribution to help reduce the risk of counterfeit, stolen or lost tickets.
While not required, fans arriving in larger groups may want to transfer tickets to individual members of their party prior to arrival. When an individual fan has a ticket on their own device, they can explore T-Mobile Park and always have their seat location with them.
Fans without a smartphone will need a member of their party to manage their mobile ticket and present the ticket at time of entry.
- Mobile tickets can only be transferred to individual members of your party prior to entry.
- Mobile tickets should be downloaded and accessible before proceeding through the security screenings.
If you’re still experiencing difficulty with mobile technology, please email us at [email protected] or call (206) 346-4001.
Individual Game Tickets
For tickets purchased on ticketmaster.com
The actions below must take place on your mobile device.
- Your confirmation email will contain a link to view your tickets from your mobile browser, which can be scanned for entry.
- Using your mobile device, click on the "View Mobile Ticket" link in your confirmation email.
- Login to your Ticketmaster account.
- Click on the game you are attending under "Your Orders"
- Click on your ticket to be scanned for entry or click the checkbox on the ticket(s) you wish to transfer to other members of your party attending the game.
Season Tickets and Group Tickets
The actions below must take place on your mobile device.
- Log into your My Mariners Account from your mobile device using your email address and password.
- Once logged in, you can either "View" your tickets or "Transfer" your tickets.
- Select "View" on your mobile device for scanning and entry into the Stadium.
- Select "Transfer" on your mobile device to send to other members of your party attending the game.
Accepting a Ticket Transfer from a My Mariners Account
- You will receive an email with the subject line “Mariners Fan sent you tickets”.
- Click “Accept Tickets”.
- Log into your My Mariners Account or create a new one using your email address.
- Not sure if you have an account? Try to create an account. You will be notified if an account with your email address already exists.
- Once you are in your account, select “Next Step”.
- Your tickets will now be available to manage.
Accepting a Ticket Transfer from the MLB Ballpark app
- You will receive an email with the subject line “You have just been forwarded a Mariners ticket for…”
- Click “Access Tickets”
- Exit your email and download the MLB Ballpark app.
- Return to your email and select “Access Tickets”
Entry & Bag Policy
- The T-Mobile ‘Pen opens two hours before first pitch.
- General gates open 90 minutes before first pitch.
Entry into the ballpark is available at all entrances, with dedicated lanes at the Right Field Gate only for Season Ticket Member use. There is no re-entry into the stadium. This rule conforms to MLB's recommended best practices for improved guest safety. Exceptions will be made in case of emergency. Please note:
- Keys, mobile phones, coins, etc. can be left in pockets while passing through metal detectors.
- Blankets are okay to bring into the stadium.
- No knives of any size or type are permitted.
- Clear plastic or vinyl bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12” are permitted. One-gallon clear plastic zip-top bags are also allowed.
- Security must be able to see inside and identify items to the bottom of the bag. Items may not be used to obscure the view of bag contents, including but not limited to non-clear bags, pouches, etc. Bags with interior contents obscured from view are not allowed.
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" are permitted. (do not have to be clear)
- Backpacks, multi-compartment bags, duffle bags and purses larger than 4.5" x 6.5" are not permitted. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items or single compartment diaper bags (child must be present).
Getting to T-Mobile Park
Interstate 5 (I-5), Interstate 90 (I-90) and State Route 99 (SR-99) all serve T-Mobile Park within ½ mile of the ballpark. Use Google Maps below or the Waze app (available for iPhone and Android) to help identify the best route to get to the ballpark.
Parking is available in the Mariners Garage and at numerous surrounding locations near the ballpark. Parking in the Mariners Garage is unavailable for pre-purchase for the 2023 season. A limited amount of first-come, first-served spots will be available to purchase on game days. The Mariners Garage is cashless, so all transactions must be with debit or credits cards or mobile payment apps such as Google Pay or Apple Pay. Season Ticket members will receive access to a limited number of discount parking through Account Manager (discount parking is not available for Rookie Flex plans).
A valid parking pass is required to access the Mariners Garage on game days. Guaranteed access to the Mariners Garage is only available for fans who purchase their tickets directly from Mariners.com.
Link Light Rail
An affordable and easy-to-use option for getting around Seattle – Link right rail is a great way to get to T-Mobile Park. Link light rail travels between Northgate and Angle Lake Station, making 17 stops along the way, including the Stadium and International District/Chinatown stations – both just a short walk from the ballpark. Link trains run every 6, 10 or 15 minutes depending on the time of day. Service is available postgame to 1 a.m. Monday through Saturday and until midnight on Sunday and holidays. Adult fares range from $2.25 to $3.50 depending on how far you travel. More Information
There are a number of regular bus routes that stop within a few blocks of the ballpark. Use the OneBusAway app – available on the web, the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store – to see every Seattle bus stop and where buses are in real time. ORCA cards may be used on regular routes.
T-Mobile Park is 100% cashless! Cashless transactions for concessions and merchandise can be completed with a credit, debit or mobile pay (such as Apple Pay or Google Pay) option only.
- Eight ReadySTATION® kiosks are located around T-Mobile Park to convert cash into Mastercard® prepaid debit cards. Kiosks are free to use and can load cards with any amount up to $500. The balance on cards never expires and they can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted inside or outside the ballpark. Upon your arrival, ask a friendly Mariners guest services representative where you can find a cash conversion kiosk.
The official MLB Ballpark app is your mobile app companion for attending live games at T-Mobile Park. The Ballpark app lets you access and manage your digital tickets, easily forward tickets, browse team schedules, view interactive ballpark maps and more!
Bites & Beverages
Food & Beverage
Check out our new bites and beverages for the 2023 season, including three additional Walk-Off Markets and Din Tai Fung at the T-Mobile ‘Pen. To see the full slate of options, be sure to visit our Top Eats and Beer Finder pages, or utilize our brand-new food and beer finder.
The Mariners Value Menu is back and has expanded to a dozen items from $2 to $4! Enjoy ballpark favorites like hot dogs, nachos and refillable sodas along with new items like ice cream sandwiches, hummus & pretzels, Uncrustables and more! See Value Menu
Value Beers and More
Check out our Value Beers and More lineup for the 2023 season! Enjoy a dozen 12 oz. beverages from $5 to $6, including favorites like Pacifico and PBR – plus, Northwest craft brews, Vizzy hard seltzer and a non-alcoholic IPA. See full list
Check out SODO’s premier pre and postgame destination across the street from T-Mobile Park – featuring Hatback Bar & Grille, Steelheads Alley and the beer garden at Victory Hall. Open before and after every game, The Boxyard is the perfect spot to grab bites and brews on game day. More info