Capacity: 35,000 (1912), 33,577 for day games and 33,993 for night games (2001)
Opened in 1912 with the first official game on April 20 (after rainouts the previous two days), the Red Sox defeated NY Highlanders (now Yankees), 7-6, in 11 innings before 27,000, as Tris Speaker drove in the winning run. The story was pushed off the top of the front pages of Boston newspapers by news of the Titanic Sinking.
First home run at Fenway and over the LF wall, April 26, 1912: First baseman Hugh Bradley hit the homer, it was the second and last home run of his career.
First Fenway fire, May 8, 1926: The bleachers along the left-field foul line burned down and weren't replace, giving fielders the chance to snare foul flies behind the third base grandstand.
First wearing of numbers: 1931
Second Fenway fire, January 5, 1934: A 5-alarm, 4-hour blaze virtually destroyed the construction underway by new owner T.A. Yawkey to refurbish the park.
New Fenway opened, April 17, 1934: The Washington Senators, led by SS-manager Joe Cronin, beat the Red Sox, 6-5 in 11 innings. Duffy's Cliff, as well as the original wooden wall, were removed in left field.
1936: 23-foot tall screen was installed above the left-field wall.
1946: Skyview seats were added to Fenway.
First night game, June 13, 1947: The Red Sox defeated the White Sox, 5-3.