Play Ball Atlanta! initiative is designed to increase participation in the game of baseball and softball through various grassroots initiatives and shows the Braves commitment to the community through special appearances at youth league baseball and softball games. This initiative enables youth and parents to participate in the Atlanta Braves "Experience" through ticket incentives, Braves mascot appearances, B.A.T. Team interaction, visits from current and former Braves players, promotional items and fundraising opportunities.
A collaboration between Major League Baseball and USA Baseball. Play Ball has educational resources for coaches, umpires, parents, and players. Other resources offered include health and safety articles, support programs, play ball near you interactive map and championship principles.
Play Ball features the following:
- The Play Ball Mobile Coach application as an on-the-go practice planning tool for coaches at any level
- The play ball near you searchable database that allows users to find leagues in their area
- A variety of health and safety resources that offer advice on best practices for baseball related health and safety concerns
For more information, visit www.playball.org.
Braves Play Ball Weekend
On May 27 - May 29, the Atlanta Braves and Chevrolet a proud partner of Play Ball Weekend will celebrate youth baseball with several events in the community. These events will be a highlight for local youth and provide them with special opportunities to interact with Braves players, take part in special moments, and receive some Play Ball goodies.
For more information on Play Ball Weekend, please email email@example.com.
Play Ball Weekend Activities:
- VIP Batting Practice Visit with RBI league players
- Question & Answer with Braves players
- Surprise Local Youth Baseball Leagues with Braves alumni
- Special "Cap Switch" prior to the Braves game
- One (1) youth Honorary Team Captain
- One (1) youth Play Ball kid
- First 5,000 youth in ballpark will receive a whiffle ball and bat combo
- Special pregame "Kids Only" press conference with Braves players
- Youth participate in pregame Chevrolet Youth Parade