Timing and Awards
The 2017 Phillies Charities 5K, presented by Toyota, will be timed by Mid-Atlantic Timing. Your disposable timing tag will be attached to the back of your race bib. Do not remove this chip from the bib. Be sure to wear your bib on the front of your body where it can be seen (and not under any layers of clothing) and run through the finish arch.
After you have completed the race, walk over to one of the kiosks near the finish line to look up your finish time.
Each finisher of the Phillies Charities 5K, presented by Toyota, will be awarded a medal upon crossing the finish line.
Top overall male and female finishers
- Phillies Charities 5K Louisville Slugger baseball bat autographed by a Phillies player.
- Will be recognized after crossing the finish line.
- Will be recognized on the field prior to the Phillies game on Saturday, April 8, 2017.
Age Categories:14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Phillies Charities 5K Rawlings baseball autographed by a Phillies player.
There will not be a post-race awards ceremony. All age group awards will be mailed.
Keep an eye out for the Phanatic, Phillies Alumni, the Phillies Ballgirls and more! Enjoy live music at the start/finish by Toga Party Band as well as live music throughout the course.
After crossing the finish line, participants will be able to enjoy a cool down lap around the warning track on the field (weather permitting). Following the event, participants and spectators are invited to attend the official post-race party at XFINITY Live!
Participants are encouraged to bring their own cameras as official photographers will not be present on the field.
Prepared by Phillies Major League Conditioning Coordinator, Paul Fournier, ATC, CSCS, RSCC.
Some important factors to consider while training for an endurance run:
- Every individual will begin at different fitness levels. Therefore, interval training (running for 1-2mins, walk 2-3mins) is an excellent place to begin for most. As you become more adapt to training regularly, the ratio of running time (work: rest ratio) can increase with a decrease in walk time. Same parameters can be applied to cross training with moderate to high: low to moderate resistance ratio.
- Alternating days of running with cross training (cycling, elliptical or swimming) will create variety in training along with allowing for the body to recover from the rigorous impact of running.
- A simple way to determine the intensity of training is to be able to carry on a conversation, with the occasional deep breaths between sentences.
- Training attire - running shoes should fit your feet comfortably, and not be more than a year old. Dress accordingly if training outdoors.
- Proper warm up before exercise is recommended.
- Stretching prior to and after training is suggested to prevent the onset of muscle soreness.
- Hydration is important, even in cooler conditions. Eat regularly to maintain blood glucose levels during longer duration of training. Breakfast is key!
- Consult physician before exercise.
- Be sure to listen to your body. If you're sore, active rest (walking) or complete rest is recommended.
The race start and finish will be located on Phillies Drive. Spectators may view the race along Phillies Drive or anywhere along the course.
Food and drinks will be available for spectators to purchase. Only those registered for the race will be permitted on the warning track following the event.
Following the event, participants and spectators are invited to attend the official post-race party at XFINITY Live!
Thank you to our sponsors who help make this event possible.
Presented by: Toyota
- ATI Physical Therapy
- Power Crunch
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- XFINITY Live!
For questions or comments, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org