On Wednesday, July 22, college students and recent graduates are invited to go behind-the-scenes with Phillies sport management executives - and receive career advice - at this exclusive #CollegeSeries pre-game event!
- Learn from Phillies sport management executives from the club's marketing & new media, communications, baseball operation's research and development, and sales, tickets & projects departments, as well as special guests, during a moderated question and answer session in the Phillies Media Room. Panelists will provide excellent insight into the business of baseball, as well as share career experience and advice. Speakers to be announced soon.
- Practice networking with Phillies executives and other special guests during a Phillies Networking Hour. Meet informally with front office personnel from various departments, as well as those who spearhead the Phillies intern and Phillies Ballgirls programs. Plus, members of Temple University's School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management will be on-site to share information about their Master of Science in Sport Business and Bachelor of Science in Sport & Recreation Management. Attendees are invited to bring their resumes.
- Cheer on the Phillies with a ticket to that night's game against the Washington Nationals with seating in Sections 201-205.
- Check-in begins at 4 p.m. and features a Networking Hour and #selfies with the World Series Trophies until 5 p.m.
- The panel portion of the program officially starts at 5 p.m., followed by the Phillies-Nationals game at 7:05 p.m.
- The event is limited to 200 students. Interested professors, recent graduates, and parents of students are welcome to attend.
- Dress is casual to business casual.
- Students are urged to ask questions throughout the program, as well as in advance, to @Phillies using #CollegeSeries
- Cost: $30. Includes (in addition to the above networking and panel) a game ticket sections 201-205 ($30 value), as well as $12 worth of concession credit that can be redeemed throughout the ballpark for food, beverage and/or merchandise.
Speakers to be announced soon.
Check back soon for Networking Hour participants.
Wed., July 22 vs. Nationals - Phillies #CollegeSeries Sport Management Night sponsored by Temple University's School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management for sport management, business, hospitality, communications & marketing students
Tues., Sept. 22 vs. Mets - Phillies #CollegeSeries Business Analytics Night sponsored by Temple University's Fox School of Business for business intelligence/analytics, economics, MIS/information technology/computer science, marketing, business & sport management students
Wed., Sept. 23 vs. Mets - Phillies #CollegeSeries Sport & Facility Management Night sponsored by Temple University's School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management for sport management, business, hospitality & marketing students
"I had a wonderful time attending this #CollegeSeries! It was a great experience getting to network with so many different people in the media industry. Definitely worth the six hour drive from school!" - Gabrielle, Liberty University, Class of 2019
"This #CollegeSeries was an incredible experience for my students. The students were engaged, interested and really excited to be here, and the professionals were extremely informative and helpful. We hope to come back again next year!" - Lindsey, Professor at West Chester University
"I absolutely loved the #CollegeSeries event. All of the information that I received I believe I can use to better my chances of my future career. I definitely want to look at coming to another event soon." - Devin, East Stroudsburg University, Class of 2021
"Very informational and organized! So worth it!" - Kelsey, Temple University, Class of 2020
"Great series. You meet some awesome and informative people that seem to really care about your success." - Robert, Camden County College, Class of 2021
"The #CollegeSeries is fantastic. Awesome opportunity to network and learn. A must-do for anyone interested in moving into this field after graduation." - Dylan, Rowan University, Class of 2020
"This was an incredibly beneficial and unique experience. It was so cool networking with the people that make it happen." - Isabel, Lehigh University, Class of 2021
"It was a great opportunity and experience." - Meagan, Bryn Mawr College, Class of 2020
"Great experience and would do it again!" - Matthew, Delaware Technical Community College, Class of 2020