FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Redsfest?
- Redsfest is the official annual winter warm-up of the Cincinnati Reds. Traditionally held in early December at the Duke Energy Convention Center, this event features games and activities for kids of all ages, including interaction with past, current, and future stars of the Cincinnati Reds.
Who is the beneficiary of Redsfest?
- Reds Community Fund - Since its inception in 2001, the Cincinnati Reds Community Fund (RCF) has used baseball as a vehicle to enrich the lives of youth and to further develop the community. As an independent 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, the RCF is dedicated to improving the lives of youth by leveraging the tradition of the Cincinnati Reds and the game of baseball throughout Reds Country. The RCF provides free baseball, softball and education programs to thousands of kids at the P&G MLB Cincinnati Reds Youth Academy, as well as through the introductory Reds Fun At Bat program, Reds Youth Baseball and Softball Funding network and developmental RBI program. The RCF also partners with urban neighborhoods via the regional Field Renovation and annual Community Makeover efforts, which have pivoted recently to support urgent, front-line needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Reds Youth Academy provides free, year-round baseball and softball training programs to youth ages 4 to 18. It also provides underserved children the opportunity to become better students and well-rounded individuals with educational and vocational activities. Academy programming brings education and sport together to provide underprivileged children an opportunity to level the playing field. Academy participation is intended for those who wouldn’t otherwise have access to these types of resources.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, please visit www.reds.com/community or make checks payable to the Reds Community Fund and mail to: Reds Community Fund, Great American Ball Park, 100 Joe Nuxhall Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Where can I purchase tickets for Redsfest?
- At Great American Ball Park during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm)
- Online at www.reds.com/redsfest
- At the Duke Energy Convention Center starting at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, December 2 and 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 3
How much do Redsfest tickets cost?
- Ticket Prices:
- Adults - $35 for 2-day pass; $25 for 1-day pass
- Kids (ages 12 and younger) - $20 for 2-day pass; $15 for 1-day pass
At what age does a child require a ticket to enter?
- Children ages 3 and younger do not need a Redsfest ticket as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult
What are the hours of Redsfest?
- Events and activities are planned on Friday, December 2 from 3:00-10:30 p.m.
- Events and activities are planned on Saturday, December 3 from 11:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
What time do doors open for the Redsfest main floor and how do I know if they'll open early?
- Friday: Doors open for the main floor at 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Doors open for the main floor at 11:00 a.m.
- We plan to open doors to the main floor at these specified times; however, if the crowd size outside the main floor doors dictates it so, we will open sooner in accordance with Cincinnati Fire Code.
- The doors for the Duke Energy Convention Center, at the corner of 5th Street and Elm Street, as well as the door that leads from the 6th Street parking garage will open at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, December 2 and 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 3. Fans will need to have a valid Redsfest ticket in order to gain entrance to the convention center. If fans plan on purchasing tickets to Redsfest at the convention center on the dates of the event, they will be able to do so in a separate line starting at the listed times. It is recommended that fans purchase their tickets in advance of the event for the smoothest entry possible.
Where's the best place to park?
- There are several surface lots and parking garages surrounding the Duke Energy Convention Center.
Are there hotels nearby?
- The Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza is the Official Hotel of Redsfest. Fans can check availability and make reservations by clicking here.
- In accordance with Major League Baseball’s bag size recommendations and facility policies, all carry-in items are subject to inspection by security personnel and all fans will be required to pass through metal detection upon arrival to the Duke Energy Convention Center.
Can I bring in bags, backpacks and purses?
- Yes, Guests that want to bring a bag into the convention center should follow the below guidelines.
Bags that can be brought into the event:
- Bags used specifically for medical purposes (excluding backpack type containers)
- Bags used specifically for infant care purposes
- Reds Heads Bags that were provided beginning in 2020
- Redsfest Drawstring Bags
All of the above must not exceed the size of 16”x16”x8”. All other bags, backpacks & rolling suitcases are prohibited.
We apologize for any inconveniences this policy may cause; however, the bag size limitations are required to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our fans and attendees of Redsfest.
Can I bring my drone?
- The use of drones is prohibited at Redsfest.
Can I wear a mask/bodysuit?
- Masks and bodysuits that cover your entire face are not permitted at Redsfest.
Code of Conduct
- The Duke Energy Convention Center and the Cincinnati Reds are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience at Redsfest. Our staff will act to support an environment where:
- Guests will enjoy the Redsfest experience free from foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Intervention with an unruly, impaired or intoxicated Guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Obscene or indecent clothing will not detract from the Guest experience.
- Guests will refrain from displays of affection not appropriate in a public, family setting.
- The Reds encourage all fans to act in a safe and orderly manner while attending Redsfest. We ask that no guests run across the event floor for any reason due to the potential cause of injury to themselves or other guests attending the event.
Concealed Handguns Policy
- Pursuant to State of Ohio R.C. 2923.126(B) the possession of firearms is prohibited in the facility with the following exceptions, (i) licensed peace officers, licensed honorably retired peace officers, licensed protection professionals (with prior approval) and (ii) exhibitors during duly licensed gun shows (with prior approval).
Are animals allowed at Redsfest?
- Duke Energy Convention Center welcomes Seeing Eye Dogs or other animal assistance utilized by the disabled or visually impaired. All other animals are prohibited.
Are strollers allowed at Redsfest?
- The Duke Energy Convention Center welcomes guests that bring and utilize their own strollers; however, the use of strollers should not in any way inhibit guest movement or block aisles. Strollers are not available to rent. Strollers may be subject to search by event staff.
Are wheelchairs available to rent?
- Wheelchairs are not available to rent.
How many giveaways will be at the door each day?
- The first 8,000 fans in attendance each day will receive a free Redsfest drawstring bag and a Reds sticker sheet.
Does everyone get a lanyard?
- Season Ticket Members receive a lanyard along with those fans who have purchased a Redsfest 2-Day pass. Lanyards can be redeemed at Main Entrance at the corner of 5th Street and Elm Street, as well as the door that leads from the 6th Street parking garage.
Is there a coat check?
- There is a coat check for $3 per item located on the main floor.
What is your reentry policy?
- Reentry to the convention center is allowed if you have a valid ticket for that day’s event.
Where can I find a map of Redsfest before I get to the event?
- A map of Redsfest will be available on the website www.reds.com/redsfest a couple of weeks before the event.
Are the activities at Redsfest free?
- The majority of activities at Redsfest are free. Certain activities do require a donation to the Reds Community Fund to participate.
Does every player attend Redsfest?
- All players are asked to attend Redsfest; however, some have certain circumstances that prevent them from attending. You can find the most up-to-date list of players schedules to appear at www.reds.com/redsfest.
What different types of autograph sessions are there and do all players participate?
- There are different types of autograph sessions - general public, season-ticket-holders-only, kids-only (17 years old or younger) and an online autograph opportunity. Each player participates in at least 1 session per day of Redsfest that they attend. There are up to 225 autographs per session. The online autograph opportunities are awarded in advance of Redsfest - throw your name in the mix by registering at www.reds.com/redsfest.
How is the schedule announced for players participating in autographs/photographs?
- Autograph/photograph schedules will be announced 30 minutes prior to the start of each session. The schedule will be displayed on the TVs throughout Redsfest. Additionally, you can sign up to have text alerts for autograph signings sent to your phone by texting REDSFEST to 66128.
How do the autograph sessions work?
- During each autograph session the celebrity will be asked to sign autographs for up to 225 fans. In no circumstance will more than 225 fans be allowed into any single autograph line. Further, a select few of our celebrities will have their autographed lines shortened to less than 225 fans. This is done in order to accommodate the amount of time needed for autographs to be completed in less than 50 minutes for these specific celebrities. When this is the case the total amount of fans allowed into these lines will be posted on the screens at the autograph lines to indicate the proper amount.
How does the kids-only autograph line work?
- This line is for children 17 and younger. Each child is allowed to get 1 item signed per autograph session. Parents are permitted to stand with their children; however, parents are not allowed to seek autographs for themselves.
How many items can I get autographed?
- Each person is allowed to get 1 item signed per autograph session.
Can I reserve a spot in line for an autograph?
- You cannot reserve a spot in line for an autograph. Once you leave the line for any reason, you are not permitted to come back to your spot.
How does the photograph session work?
- The photograph sessions will be open for 50 minutes each. As many fans that can get through the line at that time are allowed a photograph. Photograph booth #1 is free and available to the general public. Photograph booth #2 is free and available to Reds Season Ticket Members only. Both booths require you to bring your own camera or mobile device to take the picture.
What are the policies for fans attending the event that require the use of a wheelchair?
- Fans requiring the use of a wheelchair will be permitted to go to the front of the autograph line, as long as they are included in the first 225 number of fans in line according to the autograph policy. Once the autograph line is full, nobody else will be permitted an autograph. Autograph policies for all fans also apply to those in wheelchairs.
How do I sign up to play poker?
Can I purchase a booth at Redsfest for my company?
- Email the Vice President of Corporate Sales, Bill Reinberger.
Do I need to fill out a waiver for any activities?
- All fans participating in physical interactives will be required to complete a waiver prior to joining in on the fun at Redsfest. Paper-form waivers will be located next to each interactive and one waiver can be completed for all activities.
- Download adult waiver
- Download child waiver
Is anyone allowed to play on the indoor baseball fields inside Redsfest?
- There will be set hours on both fields for Open Swing. Please check www.reds.com/redsfest for the most up-to-date schedule
Can I join the fan clubs at Redsfest?
- You may sign up to be a member of the Reds Heads kids club and/or Reds Rookies baby club at the booth located on the Main Floor of Redsfest as well as in the Reds Heads Fun Zone on the Third Floor of Redsfest.
- More information on Reds Heads kids club »
- More information on the Reds Rookies baby club »
Can I purchase Reds Season Ticket Memberships at Redsfest?
- Reds Season Ticket Memberships can be purchased at the Reds Ticketing Booth located near the Information Booth on the Main Floor.
Can I buy single game tickets for the 2023 season at Redsfest?
- Single game tickets will be available for purchase at the event. In addition, fans will be able to purchase the Pick-6 Plan, Flex Ticket Pack and Holiday Flex Ticket Vouchers. For more information on Reds tickets, please visit the Reds Ticketing Booth located near the Information Booth on the Main Floor.
Can I purchase Reds merchandise at Redsfest?
- Official Reds merchandise and game-used merchandise will be available for purchase on the Main Floor at Redsfest.
Are there ATMs at Redsfest?
- There are two ATMs available at the Duke Energy Convention Center – one at the main entrance and one in Exhibit Hall A.
Is there food available for purchase?
- The Duke Energy Convention Center will have concession stands with food available for purchase. There will also be select food vendors special to Redsfest.
Lost Children/Missing Persons
- Guests should report a lost child/missing person at the Information Booth located in the center of the Main Floor at Redsfest. Guest Relations staff will work closely with the CPD and event staff to locate the missing individual(s).
Lost and Found
- Guests may inquire about lost and found items at the Information Booth location in the center of the Main Floor at Redsfest. To inquire about a lost item after the conclusion of the event, guests may call 513-765-7095. All lost items will be held for thirty (30) days.
Smoking and Tobacco Policy
- In accordance with Chapter 3794 of the Ohio Revised Code, smoking and/or the distribution or sale of tobacco related products is strictly prohibited in the Facility.
Second Floor Access
- The second floor of the Duke Energy Convention Center will once again feature special activations that are open to the public, including Mascot Meeting Rooms, kid-friendly interactives and the popular Great American Ball Park feature - the Pampers Nursing Suite! There are also areas of the second floor that are only open to Season Ticket Members, special guests and winners of the online autograph opportunity held prior to the event. Event staff throughout the floor will help with any questions regarding access to these areas.
Third Floor Access
- The third floor will once again be the Reds Heads Fun Zone with a variety of kids interactives including a kids-programmed stage with special performances and player appearances, bounce houses, trampolines, playsets and more! Reds Heads kids club and Reds Rookies baby club memberships will also be available for purchase on the Third Floor!
How can I volunteer at Redsfest?
- Visit reds.com/RedsfestVolunteers for information on volunteer opportunities and to sign up. In addition to working the actual event, volunteers are needed throughout the week for Redsfest gift bag assembly on Monday, November 28 through Wednesday, November 30, from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the Duke Energy Convention Center.