Postseason Tickets with 2019 Full Season Ticket Deposit
Guarantee your spot at Miller Park for 2018 postseason home games by joining the Crew with a 2019 Brewers Full Season Ticket Plan! By placing your full season deposit now, you will not only secure access to 2018 postseason tickets; you will also guarantee top seating priority for 2019 and enjoy all of the incredible benefits that come along with being a Brewers Full Season Seat Holder. These perks include ticket savings of up to 43% off the single-game rate, 25% savings on concessions and merchandise during 25 select games, enrollment in the exclusive SSH Rewards program, and a whole lot more.
To learn more about guaranteeing your 2018 postseason tickets by placing a Full Season deposit, visit brewers.com/seasontickets
Single-Game Postseason Tickets
See below for a complete schedule of postseason presales and single-game ticket opportunities. Single-game postseason tickets will be available for purchase online only, and all single-game postseason tickets will be delivered digitally via the MLB Ballpark App on game day.
In the event you purchase single-game tickets for a postseason game that does not occur, your purchase will be refunded to your credit card within 10 days of the scheduled game. Refunds will include per ticket convenience fees. Per order processing fees are non-refundable.
World Series Presales
Single-game tickets for the World Series will be available for purchase through exclusive online presales beginning October 18. Any inventory remaining will be made available to the general public on Thursday, October 25.
To access these presales, you will be required to enter the password provided via email.
Season Seat Holder Presale
- Thursday, 10/18 @ 10:00 am CT - Sunday, 10/21 @ 11:59 pm CT
- Limit of one game and 4 tickets per customer
Brewers Partner Presale
- Friday, 10/19 @ 10:00 am CT - Sunday, 10/21 @ 11:59 pm CT
- Limit of one game and 4 tickets per customer
- Monday, 10/22 @ 10:00 am CT - 11:59 pm CT
- Limit of 4 tickets per customer
Postseason Refund Policy
Postseason Strips: Any payments from unplayed postseason games included as part of your 2018 Postseason Strip will automatically be refunded to your account and conveniently rolled over to your 2019 Season Tickets.
Single-Game Tickets: In the event you purchase single-game tickets for a postseason game that does not occur, your purchase will be refunded to your credit card within 10 days of the scheduled game. Refunds will include per ticket convenience fees. Per order processing fees are non-refundable.
NL Wild Card and NL Division Series Home Game 3 game tickets are scheduled to be refunded on Wednesday, October 10. Please allow 3-5 business days to see this credit displayed with your credit card provider.
Postseason parking passes will be available for purchase in advance at the following rates:
- Preferred Parking: NLCS: $30; World Series: $40
- General Parking: NLCS: $20; World Series: $30
- Bus Parking: $60
Parking passes will be available for purchase on the day of the game at the following rates:
- Preferred Parking: NLCS: $40; World Series: $50
- General Parking: NLCS: $30; World Series: $40
- Bus Parking: $75
All single-game ticket sales will have an opportunity to add on parking passes during the ordering process, subject to ticket availability. These parking passes will be digitally delivered on game day.
Once a game is confirmed to be played, advanced parking passes can be purchased at the discounted rate by visiting the Miller Park Box Office prior to the day of the game.
Q: Can I purchase Postseason tickets at Ticket Office?
A: Tickets will be available for purchase at the Miller Park Ticket Office on the day of the game only. Single-game postseason tickets will be sold in advance exclusively through the ticket links above.
Q: Will the Ticket Office be open during Postseason games?
A: During the postseason, the Miller Park Ticket Office will be open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm, as well as on game days through the conclusion of that night's game.
Q: What is the Will Call Policy during Postseason?
A: Tickets can be picked up at the Miller Park Ticket Office on the day of the game. Photo identification must be presented for all Will Call Ticket pickups. The Ticket Office will not be accepting any Will Call drop-off tickets or name changes for any postseason events.
Q: What should I do if my tickets have been lost/stolen?
A: If you have lost your ticket in advance of the game, please contact the Milwaukee Brewers Ticket Office at 414-902-4000 and request a reprint of your purchased tickets following account verification. A small fee will be incurred for the reprint of the ticket. If you were not the original owner of the lost ticket or received the ticket from someone else, you will need to contact the original owner and have them request the reprint and place the ticket under your name at Will Call to be picked up on the day of the game.
If you believe your ticket(s) have been stolen, you must file a police report and present said police report to have your tickets reprinted. Original owners of the tickets may request a reprint of lost/stolen tickets for a small fee following account verification.
Q: How do I protect myself from fraudulent ticket activities?
A: Tickets should not be purchased anywhere other than an authorized Milwaukee Brewers marketplace -- Brewers.com, MLB Ballpark app, StubHub.
- During the postseason, there are increased levels of fraudulent tickets flooding the marketplace, and the only way to guarantee the validity of your tickets is to purchase through an officially authorized marketplace. Tickets purchased from any other third party is not subject to the full Customer Service capabilities of the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Please make sure to double-check your tickets before you leave for a game. You will need to have the correct numbered ticket that corresponds to the scheduled home game for the appropriate game or series. Fans arriving without the correct tickets will not be admitted.
- Under no circumstances should you post pictures of your tickets on any public platform --including, but not limited to, social media websites, Craigslist, etc. This can lead to your barcode being stolen and used without your knowledge.
Q: What if I am having troubles accessing my ticket digitally?
A: Quick guides for both mobile and desktop digital tickets are posted above, and fans can contact the Miller Park Ticket Office at (414) 902-4000 for additional assistance. Fans may have their tickets printed at ticket office, within 6 hours of game time, and are subject to a reprint fee. Tickets will only be printed for the account holder with a valid photo id.
Brewers 2018 Postseason Refund Policy for Unplayed Games
In event the game indicated on your ticket is not played, the price on the ticket will be either credited to the account balance of record or refunded to the ticket holder as follows:
- Tickets issued through Major League Baseball's Office and through their Broadcast Partners Offices -- marked "MLB" on the front of the ticket will receive an automatic credit for any unplayed postseason games. MLB/Broadcast Partners tickets SHOULD NOT be returned and will have no cash value.
- Tickets issued through any of the Participating or Non-Participating Major League Clubs marked "CLUBS" on the front of the ticket will receive an automatic credit from the Club that issued the tickets. Club tickets SHOULD NOT be returned and will have no cash value.
- Ticket holders who purchased ticket through Tickets.com, over the phone through the Brewers Administrative offices or via the Internet at MLB.com or Brewers.com will receive a refund to the credit card used for the original ticket purchase. The actual ticket will have no cash value. Handling and Service fees are non-refundable.
- The Milwaukee Brewers will not refund any ticket obtained from a secondary sale of the original purchased tickets.
- In the event you purchase single-game tickets for a postseason game that does not occur, your purchase will be refunded to your credit card within 10 days of the scheduled game. Refunds will include per ticket convenience fees. Per order processing fees are non-refundable.