Congratulations to the 2022 Cardinals Hall of Fame Induction Class
Please join us in honoring the 2022 Cardinals Hall of Fame Induction Class at the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony presented by Edward Jones on Saturday, August 27th at 3 pm. The Induction Ceremony will take place at Together Credit Union Plaza at Ballpark Village. The event is free and open to the public.
The Red Jacket Parade – Immediately following the Induction Ceremony, don’t miss cheering on your Cardinals Hall of Famers as they walk across the historic Busch II Infield!
Cardinals Hall of Fame Members
22 members joined the 2014 Inaugural Hall of Fame Class before the Museum's dedication. These inaugural members included figures who have been inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame, primarily as members of the Cardinals organization, or those who have had their number retired by the team:
Jim Bottomley, Ken Boyer, Lou Brock, Jack Buck, August A. "Gussie" Busch Jr., Dizzy Dean, Frank Frisch, Bob Gibson, Chick Hafey, Jesse Haines, Whitey Herzog, Rogers Hornsby, Tony La Russa, Joe Medwick, Johnny Mize, Stan Musial, Branch Rickey, Red Schoendienst, Enos Slaughter, Ozzie Smith, Billy Southworth and Bruce Sutter
- 2014: Jim Edmonds (fan selection), Willie McGee (fan selection), Marty Marion (Red Ribbon Panel selection), Mike Shannon (Organization selection)
- 2015: Ted Simmons (fan selection), Bob Forsch (fan selection), Curt Flood (Red Ribbon Panel selection), George Kissell (Organization selection)
- 2016: Chris Carpenter (fan selection), Joe Torre (fan selection), Terry Moore (Red Ribbon Panel selection), Sam Breadon (Organization selection)
- 2017: Pepper Martin (Red Ribbon Panel selection), Mark McGwire (fan selection), Tim McCarver (fan selection)
- 2018: Harry Brecheen (Red Ribbon Panel selection), Vince Coleman (fan selection), Ray Lankford (fan selection)
- 2019: Mort Cooper (Red Ribbon Panel selection), Jason Isringhausen (fan selection), Scott Rolen (fan selection)
- 2020: Bill White (Red Ribbon Panel selection), John Tudor (fan selection), Tom Herr (fan selection)
- 2021: Keith Hernandez (fan selection)
Red Ribbon Panel
Current Panel Members (14): Tom Ackerman (KMOX), Frank Cusumano (KSDK), Derrick Goold (BBWAA/St. Louis Post-Dispatch), Whitey Herzog, Benjamin Hochman (BBWAA/St. Louis Post-Dispatch), Rick Hummel (BBWAA/St. Louis Post-Dispatch), Randy Karraker (101 ESPN), Martin Kilcoyne (KTVI), Tony La Russa, Bernie Miklasz (KFNS), Joe Ostermeier (BBWAA), Rob Rains (BBWAA/STLSportspage), Joe Torre and Brian Walton (The Cardinal Nation).
To be eligible, nominees must have played for the Cardinals for at least three season and be retired as a player from Major League Baseball for at least three years.
The eligible pool of players is divided into two categories, including "modern players" and "veteran players." If a player retired more than 40 years prior to the induction year, he is classified as a veteran player.
Modern players are selected for induction by a six-week fan vote. Veteran players are selected for induction by the Red Ribbon Panel. From time to time, the Cardinals organization may opt to induct an individual who was an important figure in Cardinals history such as a coach, broadcaster or member of the front office.