Champions Day Seriespresented by
The Champions Day series is a Washington Nationals program that recognizes area baseball and softball teams that have won championship titles. During the season on pre-selected dates, eligible teams are invited to Nationals Park to participate in an on-field, pregame recognition ceremony. Teams receive a digital copy of the Champions Day ceremony, team picture, a Washington Nationals Champions Day T-shirt and a complimentary ticket. Discounted tickets are available to friends and family.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Team must operate in the District of Columbia, Virginia or Maryland.
- Team must win their State, Regional or World Champion title within their respective organization.
- High School baseball and softball teams must be associated with one of the following organizations:
- District of Columbia State Athletic Association
- Interstate Athletic Conference (IAC)
- Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association (Division 1-3)
- Virginia High School League (Class 1A-6A)
- Maryland Public Secondary School Athletic Association (Class 1A-4A)
- Maryland Independent Athletic Conference
- Youth baseball and softball leagues must be associated with one of the following organizations and age divisions:
- Little League International (Minors, Majors, Intermediate (50/70), Junior, and Senior's league divisions only)
- Cal Ripken Babe Ruth (14U, 13U, 12/70, 11/70, Minor/10U, 9U, 8U divisions only)
- RBI Senior Baseball (16-18), Junior Baseball (13-15) and Girls Softball (14-18)
Check out past Champions Day honorees.