Orioles to celebrate Kids' Opening Day on Sunday, April 1
The fourth annual Kids' Opening Day will be held Sunday, April 1 at Oriole Park at Camden Yards when the Orioles host the Minnesota Twins at 1:05 p.m.
The celebration will welcome children and their families to a new season of Orioles Baseball with many fun activities and unique gameday opportunities for several lucky kids throughout the day.
- All fans ages 14 and under will receive a Retro Oriole Bird Bank, presented by Weis Markets
- Additionally, all fans ages 4-14 will be able to participate in a postgame Kids Run the Bases, presented by Weis Markets
- Among the most exciting elements of Kids' Opening Day are opportunities for children ages 14 and under to be selected to participate in pregame experiences.
- On their way into the ballpark, 10 randomly selected young Orioles fans will receive an Orange Ticket for a memorable lifetime experience later that day:
- Nine children will receive a ticket allowing them to take the field with the Orioles starters for the national anthem;
- One child will help deliver the lineup card during the pregame exchange at home plate
- There will be plenty of in-game entertainment for children as well, including the "Tweet for a Bird Visit" promotion in which fans tweet for the chance to have the Oriole Bird deliver an Orioles prize pack to their seats.
- Children are also strongly encouraged to show their Orioles spirit with costumes and signs, and some of the most-supportive young fans will receive Orioles autographed items for their efforts.
- Face painters will be at the Kids' Corner near Gate C from the time gates open until approximately an hour after the scheduled first pitch.
Your child could be chosen to announce the starting lineup!
Children 14 and under are encouraged to enter a video-submission contest held on Instagram and Twitter, with the winner introducing the Orioles starting lineup over the ballpark public address system.
Parents can submit their child's video from now through March 26 at 11:59 p.m. ET on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #KidsOpeningDay.
A sample script can be found here:
AND NOW, FOR YOUR BALTIMORE ORIOLES!
MANAGED BY, BUCK SHOWALTER ...
BATTING FIRST, AT SHORTSTOP ... NUMBER 13, MANNY MACHADO ...
BATTING SECOND, IN CENTER FIELD ... NUMBER 10, ADAM JONES ...