ORIOLES DEDICATE ORIOLE GARDEN AT CAMDEN YARDS
On May 25, 2016, the National Wildlife Federation and its Maryland state affiliate, the National Aquarium, joined the Baltimore Orioles and the Maryland Stadium Authority to dedicate a new, native plant garden at Oriole Park at Camden Yards that will attract orioles, other local birds and butterflies. The Oriole Garden is part of the National Wildlife Federation's Grow Together Baltimore program, which works with local communities to create vibrant green spaces that benefit Baltimore residents in many ways. Learn More »
- Recycling: Oriole Park recycled over 850,000 pounds of materials in 2017.
- Responsible Energy Use: Oriole Park utilizes energy-efficient lighting and plumbing fixtures throughout the park including waterless urinals.
- Cleaning: Oriole Park uses a comprehensive green cleaning program that includes EcoLogo certified cleaning products, ionized water to reduce chemical usage, green cleaning equipment, and cleaning audits after every game.
- No Smoking: Oriole Park is a smoke-free facility.
- Food Pantry Donations: Each year, Oriole Park donates food to the Maryland Food Bank to support various initiatives and programs. In 2017, more than 46,000 pounds of food was donated.
- Cooking Oil Recycling: Nearly 20,000 gallons of cooking oil from Oriole Park are recycled into biodiesel annually.
- Eco-friendly Supplies: The Orioles and Delaware North utilize many eco-friendly concessions supplies, including Greenware and Bare products, throughout the ballpark.
- Local and Sustainable: Through the Greener Fields Together program, the Orioles and Delaware North partner with local produce companies to focus on advanced sustainability from seed to fork.
- Bike Parking: The Orioles have added a designated Bicycle Parking Area to accommodate over 100 bicycles located just outside Gate C along the south side of Oriole Park. While the area will be supervised during games, owners are advised to lock up their bicycles when not in use.
- Local Bus Service: 19 Local Bus routes pass near Oriole Park.
- Light Rail Service: The Light Rail runs every 10 to 30 minutes. Return service on Light Rail for games ending after regular closing time will be extended for one hour with limited service during that period. Fans are advised to make their way promptly to the Light Rail platform after the game.
- Metro Subway Service: The Metro Subway runs every 8-15 minutes. Return service on Metro Subway for games ending after regular closing time will be extended for one hour after the final out. Fans are advised to make their way promptly to the station platform after the game.
LED LIGHT INSTALLATION
LED light installation at Oriole Park was completed in March of 2017. The new, energy-efficient lighting system features dimming control and instant on/off capabilities, while reducing energy consumption by 54 percent compared to the previous lighting equipment. Additionally, each light is addressable which allows programmed light shows and no replay flicker will be captured on broadcasts.
ELECTRICAL VEHICLE SUPPORT
In November of 2016, the Maryland Stadium Authority partnered with the Electric Vehicle Institute (EVI) and installed Electrical Vehicle Support Equipment Charging Stations.