Hunter Greene, your 2024 Reds Heads captain, was just a kid when the Reds drafted the 17-year-old out of high school with the second overall pick in the 2017 Draft. Since that time, Greene moved up the Reds’ minor league level, earned a spot on the big league team, and made his Reds debut on April 10, 2022. The pitcher is best known for his fastball that reaches over 100 mph while also possessing off-speed pitches that keep opposing hitters off balance.
- Won Silver Medal in U-15 Baseball World Cup and Gold Medal in U-18 Baseball World Cup with Team USA
- 13th high school athlete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine
- MLB record 47 pitches at 100+ mph in a single game
- Fastest recorded pitch is 102.6 mph
- Has hosted camps, gifted baseball gear to youth and visited schools in the Cincinnati community