As part of Major League Baseball's initiative to standardize security procedures at all 30 major league parks, all Guests are required to be screened via metal detectors before entering Yankee Stadium. This procedure is a result of MLB's continuing work with the Department of Homeland Security and is in addition to the bag check policy in place (for more information on the bag policy, please click here).
Metal detectors are located at all Stadium gates. Once Guests have been screened and have had their MLB-compliant bag - and small soft-sided personal item - checked, they will have their ticket scanned. The Yankees strongly urge all Guests to budget additional time for entry into the Stadium when planning their visits.
Before proceeding through metal detectors, Guests will be required to remove cellphones, cameras and any large metal objects from their pockets and place them in a smaller-sized plastic container, which will be visually inspected along with their MLB-compliant bag and small soft-sided personal item, by security personnel at a screening table alongside the metal detector. Only MLB-compliant bags - presently soft-sided and 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches or smaller - and smaller-sized soft-sided personal items will be admitted. A Guest's belongings will remain in proximity to the Guest throughout the screening process, and the Guest can pick up his or her belongings at the end of the screening table once he or she has proceeded through the metal detector. Presently, the removal of belts, jackets and shoes is not required.
Pursuant to MLB requirements, all Guests, including children, must be screened. Infants and toddlers may be carried through the metal detectors; those children who are able to walk may be asked to walk through on their own. Those Guests who choose not to or who are unable to go through a walk-through metal detector have the option of being manually checked with a hand-held metal detector or a physical pat-down.
If the device detects items that require further inspection, Guests will be directed to the side, where they will be screened via a hand-held metal detector or physical pat-down. When the items in question are discovered, Guests will be asked to present them for further inspection. Any item or property that could affect the safety of the Stadium, its occupants or its property shall not be permitted into the Stadium. The Yankees reserve the right to prohibit or require removal of any items at their sole and absolute discretion. Any person that could affect the safety of the Stadium, its occupants or its property shall be denied entry.
Through its partnership with CLEAR, the Yankees continue to provide Guests with expedited-access entry points. For more information, please click here.
Guests may not carry/bring the following items into Yankee Stadium:
- any bag larger than 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches
- hard-sided bags or containers of any size
- glass, cans, aluminum bottles or thermoses
- laser pens
- selfie sticks
- mono/tripods or other professional camera equipment
- video cameras or other equipment designed for the sole purpose of video and/or audio recording
- laptop computers
- firearms, knives or weapons of any kind
- illegal drugs or substances
- brooms, poles, staffs or sticks
- baseball bats of any size
- skateboards, hoverboards or other personal recreational vehicles, with the exception of ADA-required devices
- television sets, excluding television substitutes such as tablets
- animals, with the exception of service animals to aid Guests with disabilities
- air horns or other distracting noisemakers
- any devices that may interfere with and/or distract any sports or event participant, other Guest, audio or audio/visual telecast or recording of the game or event, or any technology-related service provided in the Stadium
- helmets (e.g., bicycle helmets, motorcycle helmets or baseball helmets)
- masks or costumes
- projectiles (e.g., flying discs or beach balls)
- aerosol cans (e.g., mace, pepper spray, hairspray or sunscreen)
- confetti or glitter
- visible obscene, indecent or inappropriate clothing
Such items will be prohibited from being brought into the Stadium. There is no storage area for any items. Guests arriving by public transportation should take particular care not to bring any prohibited items, as no exceptions will be made.
The Yankees reserve the right to change or modify this policy without notice.